Audio for Video Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Audio engineer, Anthony Schultz of Big T Productions, will guide you through a two hour workshop, where you will learn everything you need to know to record clean professional audio for your short films and video projects. “Just the facts ma’am” We will cover the most essential and practical information for recording audio for you to implement on your next film shoot!
This Workshop Will Cover
- Common nomenclature of audio recording
- What are the different microphone types, when to use them and why
Audio cables and connections
- What are the different types of cables and when to use them
- What signal paths will give you the best results and why
Pre-amps & mixing boards
- What are pre-amps & why it matters
- How to use mixing boards to your advantage
Clean Audio for different budget types
- How to record clean audio on a budget
- What are the priorities in terms of investment and gear
- When to buy, when to rent
- What accessories to use and when? Boom mics, mounts, wireless vs wired
- The importance of capturing and recording as best you can and the common recommended post-production actions for clean audio
After participating in this workshop you will be able to enhance your audio production and record like a pro!
What to expect
- Before the workshop you will receive materials with common definitions and descriptions that will help you orient yourself to the world of audio recording.
- During the workshop you will receive hand-outs, participate in a lecture presentation, and join in a hands-on demonstration using audio gear.
- After the workshop you will have the option to advance to next level of workshops and you will have the option to schedule 1-on-1 sessions with your instructor Anthony Schultz.
- 6:30 to 7 pm: Networking / Reception
- 7:00 – 8:30 pm: Lecture & Demonstration
- 8:30 – 9:00 pm: Q&A, Open Discussion
Doors will open at 6:00 pm for those who want to come early.
About your Instructor
Anthony (Tony) Schultz has been an audio engineer, music producer and composer for more than 30 years as owner/operator of Big T Productions in Boston, MA. www.bigtproductions.com
He was an Assistant Professor at The New England Institute of Art from 1997-2017, specializing in Audio Technology and Computer Music and has been an Instructor of Music Production for Berklee Online since Jan. 2016.
Tony has a Bachelor’s of Music degree in Music Production & Engineering from the Berklee College of Music and a Masters in Music Technology from the University of Newcastle in Callaghan, Australia.
He has served three consecutive two-year terms as the Chair of the Boston Section of the Audio Engineering Society and recently finished his second two-year term as the VP of the Eastern Region of the US/Canada. He has been Chair of Regions & Sections for the AES since the Fall of 2016, overseeing all AES Sections Worldwide.
Past clients include; RCA Records, Mercury Records, Virgin Records, WFNX, Filene's, Home Inc., EF Education, Schneider & Associates, Softskull Press Inc., Brand X Filmworks, Dudnyk Healthcare, Teatro de Marionettas de Venezuela and the NAHB Production Group.
Tony has presented at a number of colleges including Berklee College of Music, Harvard University and the Royal College of Music in London. He is also a member of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (NARAS) and the American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers (ASCAP).
- Audio for Video Workshop$23$230$0
- Free for Members!$0$00$0